Why use Us to compare breakdown Cover?
- It’s quick and easy! – Getting a quote only takes a minute.
- Compare breakdown cover from some of the UK’s biggest providers like AXA, Rescuemycar and StartRescue.co.uk.
- We compare policies that cover breakdowns at the roadside, on your doorstepor even across Europe
- Helpful prompts are on hand throughout the quote process to help you understand the different levels of cover and policy benefits available.
- We treat all your data securely and do not sell any of your information to third-parties.
You’ll need the vehicle’s age to get a quote, but if you don’t know it, you can use the DVLA’s vehicle information database to find it out.
Why do I need breakdown cover ?
Every vehicle at some point will experience problems that can leave you stranded at the side of the road, but breakdown cover could provide peace of mind should you run into difficulties.
The most common reasons for breakdown call outs includes engine issues, flat/faulty car batteries, flat tyres, losing your keys or accidentally misfuelling.
If this happens to you and you don’t have breakdown cover for the above, you’ll have to cover the costs of getting rescued.
Even without cover in place, you can help prepare yourself for a breakdown. Our handy guide contains tips on what you should have at hand, if you’re be unfortunate enough to breakdown, at home or abroad.
What are the different features of breakdown cover?
As with most things, you get what you pay for with breakdown cover. A cheaper policy will generally offer only the basics, but a more comprehensive policy could have many more features.
When comparing policies, the main features to consider are:
- Roadside assistance – provides cover to help get your car restarted at the roadside.
- Local recovery – cover for your vehicle to be towed to a local garage, if it can’t be fixed at the roadside.
- National recovery – if your vehicle can’t be fixed at the roadside, they may tow your vehicle to any location in the UK.
- Home start – covers you if you break down close to your home.
- Onwards journey – if your vehicle can’t be repaired at the roadside, this will generally cover the cost of a replacement vehicle or public transport to get you to your destination, whilst it’s being repaired.
- European cover – covers you when driving your vehicle in European (the length of cover can vary depending on the provider).
To find out more about the different benefits, see our breakdown cover guide.
What to do if you break down
If you’re unlucky enough to break-down, you should follow these simple instructions to keep safe:
- The first thing to do is to make sure you’re parked safely before doing anything else.
- Don’t forget to turn your hazard warning lights on, and if it’s dark, your sidelights.
- Use the passenger doors to leave the vehicle rather than the driver door. This reduces the risk to you and your passengers from traffic passing on the right.
- Keep you and your passengers a safe distance away from the carriageway and hard shoulder, use the bank or get behind the barriers if possible.
- If you have animals, it’s best to leave them in the car, but in an emergency keep them under control and away from the road.
- Finally, call your breakdown cover provider to let them know where you are. Look out for driver location signs to help pinpoint your location. If you’re not covered you’ll need to call the Highways Agency for assistance.
Money and LoansGet the very best deal on Loans, Credit Cards, Bank Accounts and Mortgages.
- Personal Loans Quote
- Homeowner Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Compare Credit Cards
- Savings and Current Accounts
- Compare Mortgages
Motor Insurance QuoteGet a Quick Motor Insurance Quote and Compare from over 65 Providers.
- Car Insurance Quote
- Van Insurance Quote
- Motorbike Insurance Quote
- Multi Car Insurance Quote
- Caravan Insurance Quote
- Motorhome Insurance Quote
- Black Box Insurance Quote
- Classic Car Insurance Quote
- Learner Driver Insurance Quote
Home Insurance and MoreCompare Home Insurance from over 65 Insurance Providers to guarantee you the best deal.
- Home Insurance
- Compare Gas and Electricity
- Pet Insurance
- Contents Insurance
- Buildings Insurance
- Landlord Insurance
- TV, Broadband and Phone
- Compare Mobile Phones
Life Insurance and MoreGet a Quick Life Insurance Quote and Compare Deals from UK's well known Insurance Providers.
- Life Insurance Quote
- Health Insurance Quote
- Income Protection Quote
- Business Broadband
- Business Energy