Compare Car Insurance
We compare over 100 of the UK’s car insurance providers to help you get the best possible quote. With our hub, you can review the details of individual car insurance providers’ policies. Whether you’re looking for comprehensive, third party or third party, fire and theft, we are confident one of these motor insurance providers will suit you.
What details do I need to get a car insurance quote?
- Details of the car Light blue icon of a car with dark blue wheels
- The car’s number plate is useful, but not essential to get a quote. Please declare any modifications.
- No-claims bonus (NCB) Light blue icon of a document
- Details of your NCB in years. You can request this from your insurance provider.
- Details of any other drivers Light and dark blue icons of people
You’ll need other drivers’ names and licence details to add them to any policy.
- Driving licence & convictions Light blue icon of a driving license
- Type of licence; how long you’ve had it; details of any points or disqualifications from the last 5 years.
- Previous claims or accidents 3
Date, claim cost and accident type for any accidents or claims in the last 5 years.
What kind of insurance should I get?
When you get a quote, we’ll ask you what kind of insurance you’re looking for.
There are three main levels of cover to choose from:
Third-party is the lowest level of cover available. It insures you against damage caused to someone else or their property, including your passengers, as the result of an accident. It doesn’t cover your car against repair or replacement.
Third-party, fire and theft offers the same level of cover as third-party, but also covers your car for repair or replacement if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
Comprehensive offers the most protection, covering you and your car, as well as other people and their property.
We’ve covered the three levels of cover in more detail in our guide to insurance policy types.
What are the different types of insurance available?
- A standard policy will usually cover a single car for 12 months. But, depending on your needs, other types are available. These include:
- Multi-car: Insure all the cars at your address and get a discount.
Temporary: Short-term cover from one to 28 days.
- Black box/telematics: Uses an app on your phone or box installed in your car to monitor your driving. Information such as when you drive, your speed, braking and handling is captured and shared with the insurance company to base policy prices on.
- Learner: Cover for those learning to drive in their own or someone else’s car.
- Classic car: Cover specifically designed for owners of classic cars. For insurance purposes, a classic car can be any car that’s older than 15 years.
- Business: If you use your car for more than just domestic use, including business driving away from your normal place of work, you’ll need a business policy.
Money and LoansGet the very best deal on Loans, Credit Cards, Bank Accounts and Mortgages.
- Personal Loans Quote
- Homeowner Loans
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Compare Credit Cards
- Savings and Current Accounts
- Compare Mortgages
Motor Insurance QuoteGet a Quick Motor Insurance Quote and Compare from over 65 Providers.
- Car Insurance Quote
- Van Insurance Quote
- Motorbike Insurance Quote
- Multi Car Insurance Quote
- Caravan Insurance Quote
- Motorhome Insurance Quote
- Black Box Insurance Quote
- Classic Car Insurance Quote
- Learner Driver Insurance Quote
Home Insurance and MoreCompare Home Insurance from over 65 Insurance Providers to guarantee you the best deal.
- Home Insurance
- Compare Gas and Electricity
- Pet Insurance
- Contents Insurance
- Buildings Insurance
- Landlord Insurance
- TV, Broadband and Phone
- Compare Mobile Phones
Life Insurance and MoreGet a Quick Life Insurance Quote and Compare Deals from UK's well known Insurance Providers.
- Life Insurance Quote
- Health Insurance Quote
- Income Protection Quote
- Business Broadband
- Business Energy